Looks like you are shopping from outside North America. Check out our EU site for the best international shipping on a growing number of products.Shop Now
Haptic Lab is looking for interns on a rolling basis to work with us in our Brooklyn studio. We are looking for candidates with a strong interest in design, technology, and making things by hand. This is a great opportunity to learn about independent design and manufacturing in New York City.
Interns must work a minimum of 2 days a week and will receive a monthly stipend for the duration of the internship period. We will also fulfill any requirements towards school credit programs you are enrolled in. We welcome artists and designers from all backgrounds and creative disciplines.
CURRENT POSITIONS: STUDIO INTERN
Studio intern tasks include but are not limited to:
- Support studio team with product preparation and shipping
- Maintain a clean and organized studio environment
- Complete custom embroidery orders and light sewing
- Assist with management of studio inventory and new arrivals
- Pick up and deliver items locally as needed
- Assist design development at multiple scales, global and local
- Research local collaborators in fashion and design industry and suppliers
- Work with design team to create and execute custom projects and samples
- Prep products to be photographed (photography + post-production experience a plus!)
- Trade show and exhibition preparation
To apply: Tell us more about yourself and what design experiences you're looking for. Indicate what position you are applying to and send your portfolio and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please keep all attachments under 2 MB. We will not review applications larger than 2 MB.
Ideal intern candidates are:
- Reliable. You show up.
- Intelligent and Enthusiastic. You are a problem-solver, and you are dedicated to making things work.
- Relentless. Internet-savvy, deeply involved or curious in NYC’s design community, detail and deadline-minded.
- Creative. You know something we don’t. We want to learn from you.