And you O my soul where you stand,
Surrounded, detached, in measureless oceans of space,
Ceaselessly musing, venturing, throwing, seeking the spheres to
Till the bridge you will need be form'd, till the ductile anchor hold,
Till the gossamer thread you fling catch somewhere, O my soul.
(Leaves of Grass, 1891–92, 343)
Limited edition. The Whitman Coat explores a beloved passage from Leaves of Grass and the yearning we all feel to connect. Inspired by the wild, floral embroidery of "crazy quilts" popular during the 1890s when Whitman wrote this passage.
Our signature quilted coats have deep pockets, a dropped rear hem and side cut-out for drape, and a raglan sleeve for improved fit. Long sleeves can be cuffed or worn over hands. Four button closure. Finished interior seams.
- 100% cotton
- Designed in Brooklyn, handmade by our partners in India
- See image for fitting dimensions
- S: sleeve with cuff 28", across chest 22", length 27"
- M: sleeve with cuff 31.5", across chest 24", length 28"
- L: sleeve with cuff 32.5", across chest 26", length 29"
- Emily wears Medium
Dry clean recommended